Please note that different types of faculty are eligible for different relocation programs, according to the Georgia Tech Employment Policy Manual:
- For academic faculty hires, consult this policy (formerly “6.15”).
- For research faculty hires, consult this policy (formerly “6.16”).
What follows is a brief guide for faculty relocation that addresses some frequently asked questions. For more detailed information, please refer to the appropriate policy.
If relocation has been specified in the offer letter, the faculty member should submit the signed Relocation Repayment Agreement to the hiring department. The departmental administrator will then submit the Relocation Initiation Form, and the Office of Faculty Affairs will initiate the relocation process.
For information about self-moves or what is covered under relocation, please refer to the appropriate policy above. In order to move household and office goods using Georgia Tech relocation services, faculty should contact their school/unit administrator to begin the process once an official offer has been accepted.
For relocation-related expenditures, reimbursement can be processed once all receipts have been received. To prevent delays in repayment, forms and receipts should be received by Faculty Affairs within 50 days of the move’s completion. The following information will need to be submitted:
- Completed Relocation Authorization Form (.docx).
- GT ID# (the nine-digit number on your BuzzCard).
- Travel-related receipts such as airplane tickets, lodging, and tolls.
- Mileage map (e.g., MapQuest or Google) of the most direct route (if driving), including total mileage, from the previous residence to the new residence in the Metro Atlanta area.