There is a standard format and order for promotion packages. This page provides information and resources to help candidates and colleges/units in preparing their promotion packages, and therefore reflects only those items required at the institute level.
Candidates should work with their home units to determine any specific requirements they may have in the promotion process.
Each promotion package should include:
- Cover sheet (populated via the PROMOTE system)
- One-page “Summary Page for Institute Review”
- Letter from Peer Review Committee clearly articulating the basis of the vote¹
- Letter from unit director² articulating the basis of his or her recommendation¹
- Letter from higher-level committee articulating the basis of the vote¹
- Letter from executive at the dean or director level articulating the basis of his or her recommendation¹
- Any additional letters for no or split (>25% discrepancy) votes³
- Curriculum Vitae
- Minimum of 3 external letters of evaluation (Principal Research level candidates only)
- One-paragraph biography of each external evaluator providing letters (Principal Research level candidates only)
Additional materials that may be included:
- Documentation of any special circumstances that prevent the candidate from fully explaining their work (e.g. confidentiality agreements, classified work), in either the CV, summary, or through an external letter of recommendation.
- Research Associates/Technologists/Extension Professionals: Relevant conversion of promotion criteria to specific duties, and how the candidate fulfills those criteria. For an example please see:
>> Research Promotion Peer Review Committee Memos - sample templates